Most accidents occur because the driver was or became distracted. These are the main types of distractions that may occur while driving:
- Using a smartphone which could consist of texting, calling, or browsing social media sites.
- Eating or drinking while driving will lower response time for drivers when they need to react.
- Talking to passengers will distract the driver by not paying attention to the road and not focusing on what obscurity might occur while driving.
- Listening to loud music will decrease the ability for the driver to hear outside noises, especially in the case that an emergency vehicle needs to get by. Drivers might get into the music which could lead to singing and/or dancing while operating a vehicle.
- This one might seem as an obvious one but grooming while driving is a distraction. Applying makeup, brushing your hair, even shaving your head are all unnecessary distractions. Most people do this because they are in a hurry or running late to get somewhere. Prevent potential accidents by always being prepared before you leave the house and on time.
- Reading maps or a navigation screen will cause a driver to lose focus and even though a driver needs to know where he/she is going. It is best to plan ahead of time and only look at the navigation tool when the driver is aware of their surroundings.
Remember to always pay attention to the road and your surroundings.
Here When You Need Us
Budget Insurance Agency
Don’t hesitate to get an auto insurance quote on a personalized budget auto insurance policy in Macon, Georgia right now! Contact us at 855-218-6308 or request an online quote right now!