Trucking insurance for dump trucks mostly falls under the general umbrella of commercial vehicle insurance. This specialized type of coverage protects the business interests usually associated with dump truck operations. You often have to include driving coverage in your policy. Additionally, unique aspects of the dump truck might mean you should invest in other, specialty elements of coverage.
Importance of Insurance on Your Dump Truck
Dump trucks usually operate in both on- and off-road settings. Their power, durability and often-sensitive contents may pose heightened risks to those around them. Therefore, it is imperative to carry the right trucking insurance. Think about the mishaps that might occur while you are operating the dump truck:
- While on the road, you might collide with another vehicle. Both the truck and the other vehicle might sustain damage. You might need to pay for repairs to the truck, and you might be liable for damage to the other car.
- Mechanism failures might lead to damage to the contents of the truck. Should these contents have excessive value, you might have to pay to replace them.
- Contents spills might create property damage or other expensive harm to a third party’s property.
- Various hazards like fire or theft might damage the truck itself. This might necessitate the need to repair or replace the truck.
In each of these situations, dump truck insurance might come in handy. Talk to your insurer about the risks associated with your truck. They can help you get the right policy.
Dump Truck Coverage Options
Insurance for dump trucks often comes with many of the same types of coverage as standard auto coverage. This might include, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage and liability protection. In many cases, the law will require you to carry this coverage.
Still, dump truck insurance usually provides you with other types of coverage that address specific dangers.
- Non-trucking liability insurance can protect the dump truck when it is driven for non-business purposes.
- Cargo protection is available to help protect the freight in the truck. Remember, if something happens to the cargo, both the trucking company and their clients might lose money.
- Environmental protection coverage can cover cleanup, fines or other costs associated with contamination caused by the truck.
Most insurers will offer these coverage elements with their policies. Truckers should therefore consider adding the additional protection. The sensitivity of the dump truck and its cargo often warrants such protection. You might not understand exactly what coverage you need. However, one of our agents can help you set up your coverage. With the right attention to detail, we can make sure your dump truck has the right coverage.
If you need assistance getting trucking insurance, Budget Insurance Agency agents are here to help.
Budget Insurance Agency, Inc.
Here When You Need Us
Don’t hesitate to get a trucking insurance quote on a personalized Budget Commercial Trucking Insurance Quote in Atlanta, Georgia right now! Contact us at 855-218-6308 or request an online quote right now!