Comprehensive coverage is often confused with collision. Even though each is an additional coverage in the event of can auto accident, both cover different events that cause damages to your vehicle. It's not the actual damage that determines if the loss will be a comprehensive or collision lost. It is what caused the damage to your vehicle that determines the type of loss.
Collision is just as it sounds, if you collide with anything other than animal. Comprehensive is damage to your vehicle caused by acts of God or things that are behind your control. Comprehensive covers
- Falling trees or limbs
- Colliding with an animal (hitting a deer)
- Damages caused by animals (rats chewing wiring or seats)
- Storm damage (flooding, lightning, wind, earthquakes, hail)
- Vandalism, riots, fire, explosions
- Glass only/windshield damage
- Objects falling off or being kicked up by/off cars (rocks)
I hope this clarifies that difference between comprehensive and collision coverages for those who were a little confused. We do offer both comprehensive and collision coverages and so much more here at Budget Insurance Agency. Just visit us at www.budgetautoquote.com. Let us provide you with a low rate insurance quotes no matter what your insurance needs are.