Norfolk VA Auto, Home & Business Insurance
Home to the world's largest naval base and the North American Headquarters for NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
Norfolk is a waterfront city in southeastern Virginia. It’s home to Naval Station Norfolk, a massive naval base on Chesapeake Bay. Nauticus is a maritime museum that features the Battleship Wisconsin, a huge WWII warship. The Chrysler Museum of Art showcases a vast collection of glass art, plus European and American paintings and sculpture. The riverside Virginia Zoo is home to bears, birds, lions and farm animals.
Fast Norfolk Facts according to Norfolk VA Gov,
• Norfolk Virginia is a city of some 247,000 residents and encompasses 66 square miles. It has seven miles of Chesapeake Bay beachfront and a total of 144 miles of shoreline along our lakes, rivers, and the Bay. Much of this land is located in residential neighborhoods.
• Norfolk is home to the world's largest naval base and the North American Headquarters for NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
USA Today called Norfolk one of the Top 10 booming downtowns, recognizing a decades-long housing, retail and financial boom in Norfolk.
• Norfolk International Terminal has completed a 300-acre expansion, making it the largest inter-model center in the U.S.
• Norfolk is home of the USS Wisconsin battleship and a vibrant harbor. Ocean-going cruise vessels of up to 3,000 passengers regularly stop at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center downtown.
• Norfolk is home to the Virginia Opera, the Virginia Stage Company, the Virginia Symphony, the Virginia Arts Festival, Chrysler Hall, Chrysler Museum of Art, the General Douglas MacArthur Memorial, and Nauticus, the National Maritime Center.
• Norfolk has been recognized as a Tree City and its neighborhoods have extensive trees and flowers. It is home to the Norfolk Botanical Garden.
• Old Dominion University, Norfolk State University and a new downtown campus of Tidewater Community College are located in Norfolk and Wesleyan College is located on the border between Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
• Eastern Virginia Medical School and it's four internationally recognized research institutes are located in Norfolk, as is Sentara Health System, DePaul Medical Center-Bon Secours and Virginia's only free-standing, full-service pediatric hospital, Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.