Lakeland FL Auto, Home & Business Insurance
Lakeland is a Florida city, east of Tampa. Downtown’s Munn Park Historic District is known for its antiques shops and early-1900s architecture. Florida Southern College has several buildings designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The city’s many lakes include Lake Mirror, with its promenade and neoclassical Hollis Garden. The Polk Museum of Art’s collection ranges from pre-Columbian artifacts to contemporary paintings.
Lakeland is a charming city located in central Florida, about halfway between Tampa and Orlando. It is known for its many lakes, parks, and gardens, as well as its historic downtown district. Whether you're a nature lover, a history buff, or a foodie, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Lakeland.
Here are some of the top things to see and do in Lakeland:
1. Visit the Polk Museum of Art: This museum features a diverse collection of art from around the world, including contemporary and modern works as well as traditional art and artifacts. The museum also hosts regular exhibitions and events, so be sure to check their calendar for upcoming shows.
2. Explore Hollis Garden: This stunning botanical garden is located in the heart of downtown Lakeland and features over 10,000 flowers, plants, and trees. Take a leisurely stroll through the garden's winding paths, admire the many fountains and sculptures, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
3. Take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Florida Southern College: This campus features the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in the world. Take a guided tour to learn more about Wright's unique style and the history of the college.
4. Visit Lake Mirror Park: This park is located in the center of downtown Lakeland and features a picturesque lake, a historic promenade, and a variety of outdoor activities. Take a leisurely walk around the lake, rent a paddleboat or kayak, or enjoy a picnic in the shade.
5. Sample the local cuisine: Lakeland is home to a variety of restaurants and cafes, offering everything from Southern comfort food to international cuisine. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as the classic Cuban sandwich or the citrus-infused cocktails.
Now, here are some tips for planning your visit to Lakeland:
1. Check the weather: Lakeland can get quite hot and humid in the summer, so be sure to check the forecast before you go and dress accordingly. In the winter months, the weather is generally mild and pleasant.
2. Rent a car: While Lakeland is a relatively small city, having a car will make it much easier to get around and see all the sights. There are plenty of rental car options available at nearby airports, such as Tampa International Airport or Orlando International Airport.
3. Plan your itinerary: With so many things to see and do in Lakeland, it's a good idea to plan out your itinerary in advance. This will help you make the most of your time and ensure that you don't miss any of the city's top attractions.
4. Book accommodations in advance: Lakeland can be a popular destination, especially during peak travel seasons. Be sure to book your accommodations well in advance to ensure availability and to get the best rates.
Overall, Lakeland, FL is a wonderful destination for anyone looking for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. Whether you're interested in art, history, or just soaking up the Florida sunshine, this charming city has something for everyone. So why not plan your visit today?